This solution is for instructors and students who might need to add in symbols or special characters into the text they’re typing. For example, the ñ in Spanish.
Here is a PDF of these instructors for download. Symbols in Blackboard
- Navigate to an area such as an Item from Build Content or a Discussion Board post where text needs to be entered.
- Make sure the Content Editor is expanded to show the full tool bar.
- Click on the Symbols button to open the Select Special Character pop up.
- Click on the symbol you wish to enter in your text. It will be added to where the cursor is in the text box.
Volunteers Needed for Applying the Quality Matters Rubric in Online Courses
This certification workshop is for faculty who teach online (fully online or blended/hybrid), but faculty who web enable their courses are more than welcome to attend. This workshop certifies faculty in Applying the Quality Matters Rubric 5th edition. Implementing the QM Rubric has been empirically proven to improve student retention rates and faculty and student satisfaction rates within eLearning environments. We look forward to seeing you there!
Note: The YouTube MashUp tool is now functional as of August 12th.
The Fall 2015 semester officially begins on Thursday, August 27th. If you are using Blackboard to host some or all of your course material please review the following checklist of items and resources that might help you get ready for the first day of classes:
Faculty need to reconcile their Banner and Blackboard course rosters at the beginning of each semester to make sure that the students registered for their course in Banner have properly been placed in your Blackboard course.
- Log into your Blackboard course(s) and scroll down to the Course Management area. Click on Users and Groups and click Users.
- Your class roster will be displayed. Please note, you may need to navigate to the second page to view all your students.
- If a student’s email is blank, please inform the student that they will need to set up their SUNY Suffolk email by logging into MySCCC and clicking on the Email tab.
There are two frequent causes for the lists to be out of sync:
- There might be a delay sending student records from Banner to Blackboard. You should wait about a day and check again to see if the problem has been resolved.
- A student who is new to SCCC might not have logged into MySCCC. You need to contact the student to find out if this is the case and let them know they will need to create a MySCCC account. After the student creates their MySCCC account, it will still take time to transfer their newly created account from Banner to Blackboard.
If neither of the above steps resolves the issue, you will need to contact the Office of Instructional Technology at by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org