SafeAssign is a plagiarism detection tool which is integrated into Blackboard. SafeAssign will detect the parts of a paper that are plagiarized as well as the percentage of plagiarism that occurs. It will generate an originality report which will indicate which portions of the paper have been plagiarized and from what source. Follow these instructions to learn how to check a SafeAssign asssignment for plagiarism.
- First go to grade the student’s attempt for the SafeAssign assignment. This can be done through the Full Grade Center or through Needs Grading (if it hasn’t been graded yet).
- Full Grade Center: Find the cell containing the student’s grade (or needs grading icon) for the assignment. Click on the down arrow that appears and select the Attempt [date].
- Needs Grading: Locate the student’s submission you wish to grade from the list and click on their name to view the attempt.
- In the right pane of the assignment window, it will show you the percentage of the paper that was flagged for plagiarism. To view the originality report, click the down-arrow next to the word SafeAssign.
- Click View Originality Report to view the report.
- The Originality Report will now appear in the browser. On the left you will see all instances of suspected plagiarism highlighted in yellow. On the right you will see the percentage of suspected plagiarism. Under “Citations,” you can choose to turn the highlighting on or off by clicking on the highlighter pen icons. You will also see the sources from which the student plagiarized listed. Each source will be assigned a different color.
- You may click on any highlighted line of text to bring up a pop-up that will show the source. In this example, you can see that the student took work from another student’s paper.
- Once you are done reviewing the Originality Report, you may close the browser window and return to complete grading the student’s attempt.
SafeAssign is a plagiarism detection tool which is integrated into Blackboard. SafeAssign will detect the parts of a paper that are plagiarized as well as the percentage of plagiarism that occurs. It will generate an originality report which will indicate which portions of the paper have been plagiarized and from what source. To create an assignment using SafeAssign, first create an assignment in the usual way.
- Click on the Assignment in the Course Menu
- Within the content area menu, click the drop-down arrow next to Assessments and choose Assignment
- Insert a Name for the assignment and Instructions. Attach a file if you wish.
- Enter Due Dates and Points Possible. Optionally associate a Rubric.
- To use SafeAssign with this assignment, click on Submission Details.
- Choose the Assignment Type (step 1) and select the Number of Attempts (step 2).
- Next to Plagiarism Tools check the box to “Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign.”
- If you would like to allow students to view their SafeAssign originality report, check the box for “Allow students to view SafeAssign originality report for their attempts” (step 4)
- Decide whether or not you would like to exclude submissions (step 5)
- Excluding submissions: If you check the box to exclude submissions, students can submit multiple attempts (for example: drafts) without their work being flagged for plagiarizing their own previous submission.
- Not Excluding submissions: If a student submits their work twice, SafeAssign will flag their work as being plagiarized even though it is their own work.
- Click on Submit to finish creating the assignment with SafeAssign.
SafeAssign is a plagiarism detection tool which is integrated into Blackboard. SafeAssign will detect the parts of a paper that are plagiarized as well as the percentage of plagiarism that occurs. It will generate an originality report which will indicate which portions of the paper have been plagiarized and from what source. Click on the links to learn how to use this tool in your courses.
- I enabled chat permission for the entire room. How come one student is unable to chat?
Permissions can be set for the entire room and for individuals. If you gave chat permission to the entire room but one (or more than one) student cannot chat, check to make sure that the permissions for chat were not turned off for that particular student.
- A student will not lower her hand after I told her a couple of times to lower it. It is distracting. What do I do?
If a student forgets to lower their hand, the moderator can lower it for them by clicking on the option button next to their name and selecting “Lower Hand.”
- I just ran a poll. How do I clear all the responses?
To clear all of your students’ responses, click on “Clear.”
- In one of my sessions, I chatted privately with a student. Important information was shared and I need it! How come this chat was not saved with the recording?
Public chats get saved with a session but private chats do not. If there is something important in the private chat that you want to keep, copy and paste the text of the chat into a Word document before ending the session.
- I just imported a PowerPoint presentation into the whiteboard. How come I can only see the first slide and none of the other ones? What happened to my slides?
Use the navigation arrows at the top right side of the whiteboard to navigate through the slides in your presentation. You can also go directly to a specific slide by clicking the down arrow, as show below. If you prefer to see thumbnails of all the slides, click on the navigation options menu and select “Show Page Explorer.”
- I can’t delete something off the whiteboard. Help!
To delete an item off the whiteboard, you need to select it first. Click on the select tool in the whiteboard menu bar, click on the object you wish to delete, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
- I am running a video-enabled (or audio-enabled) session and my students are saying that the can’t hear me. This technology is confusing me!
There are a few things you can check before you run for the hills.
- Did you press the “talk” button? Audio will not be transmitted unless the “talk” button is pressed.
- Is your mic plugged in? This seems obvious, but it might have been unplugged by accident.
- If your mic has a volume button, is it turned all the way up?
- If the answer to all of these questions is “yes”, you might have to run the Audio Set-Up Wizard to make sure Collaborate is recognizing your mic as the output device.
- I just recorded a session but when I go into session history to access it, it doesn’t show up under “Recordings.” Is my session gone forever?
A recorded session can take up to 2 hours to show up in Blackboard Collaborate under “Recordings.” If it has been at least 2 hours and it still hasn’t appeared, unfortunately, it may not have been recorded. L There are a few things that you must do in order to successfully record a session.
- Make sure to press record at the start of the session!
- Make sure to press record again to stop the recording once the session is completed.
- Make sure that all of your students have left the session. You can remove any students that have not done so by clicking on the options menu button next to their name and selecting “Remove Participant.”
As of December 21st, OpenSUNY will be using a new number for their Help Desk. The new number is 1-844-673-6786. It replaces the old number 1-800-875-6269.
If you happen to have any SCCC Blackbaord tutorials saved to your computer or have the OpenSUNY number saved in your cell phone, please update it or re-save your tutorials from our site which now have the new OpenSUNY phone number.