Start of the Semester Checklist – Fall 2015
Note: The YouTube MashUp tool is now functional as of August 12th.
The Fall 2015 semester officially begins on Thursday, August 27th. If you are using Blackboard to host some or all of your course material please review the following checklist of items and resources that might help you get ready for the first day of classes:
- If you are teaching the same course this coming semester that you have taught previously you might want to consider copying some or all of the course material from your previously taught section into one or more fall sections. Course Copy instructions.
- To change the opening and/or ending date of a course follow these instructions, Changing Course Start and End Dates.
- To reconcile your Banner roster with your Blackboard roster follow these instructions, Reconciling Banner and Blackboard Rosters.
Blackboard Help resources that are available:
- For assistance with Blackboard, please contact the OpenSUNY Help Desk at 1-800-875-6269, or submit a ticket at http://open.suny.edu/support/contact-us/.
- On our department website: /blackboard faculty will find help guides on many of the most often used Blackboard features.
- After logging into Blackboard you and your students are placed on the Suffolk Online tab where there is a Student Orientation course designed that shows students how to use various features within the Blackboard environment.
- The Student Guide to Blackboard can be found at: /students
- Blackboard Help for Students
- Blackboard Help for Instructors
Just as a reminder that OIT Blackboard Workshops scheduled for the fall semester will be made available at end of August. Please visit our Eventbrite page to view as well as register for one or more sessions.