Last Course Access issue
There is a Last Course Access issue where it shows users as having logged in all at a specific date/time that is incorrect. Below is an example of the issue from the Performance Dashboard of a course. You can see how many users were logged as having a Sep 8, 2016 4:02 AM Last Course Access date/time.
While Blackboards works to correct this issue, Instructors are encouraged to use Course Reports to view their student activity in their courses.
To view the report All User Activity inside Content Areas follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the course you wish to view the report for
- Scroll down to the Course Management area of the Course Menu and open up Evaluation
- Click on Course Reports
- Hover your mouse over the report All User Activity inside Content Areas and click on the drop down arrow that appears to the right of it. Click Run
- In the Run Reports page that opens, you have a few options to select from.
- Select Format: The default is PDF but you can select the format you like best.
- Select a Start Date: How far back do you want to view your student’s activity? It defaults to the previous day but the course’s start date is another good option.
- Select an End Date: This defaults to the current date but sometimes you might want to limit it to a specific week or month.
- Select Users:
- Select all: If you want all of your students, click on the first student’s name, scroll to the bottom of the list, hold down the Shift key and click on the last student’s name.
- Select some: Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on specific student names you want to view.
- Click on Submit to run the report. It will open in a new window.
- Starting on the third page of the report, you will be able to see the number of ‘clicks’ a user made in your course and on what date. Refer to the image to learn how to read your report.