Accessing Blackboard is essential for students whose instructors are using for their courses. Students who are taking an Online Course may be required to log in to Blackboard at least once a week for attendance purposes. Follow the instructions on how to Activate your MySCCC account if you haven’t done so during your Student Orientation and then on how to Log into Blackboard. If you have any difficulties, please contact SLN HelpDesk at 1-800-875-6269 or via email at [email protected]
Activate Your MySCCC Acount
Students must have a Suffolk Community College or MySCCC user account set-up in order to log into Blackboard. If you need to set up a MySCCC account, click on the Create a Username and Password link under New Students on the MySCCC login page.
Please note: All new MySCCC accounts may take up to 24 hours to be registered in Blackboard.
Logging In to Blackboard
- Log into MySCCC
- Go to the Suffolk Online tab
- Click on the Blackboard icon and a new browser tab/window will open
- Click on the Blackboard Login icon
- After you have successfully logged in, you will see three tabs: Suffolk Online, Courses and Content Collection.
After logging into Blackboard, add it to the Bookmarks or Favorites of the browser you’re using for quick access.
In order to familiarize yourself with Blackboard, it is recommended that you go through the Student Orientation course. By joining the course, you will be able to practice navigating and using Blackboard tools without having to worry about grades. Follow the instructions below to self-enroll in the Student Orientation course and being participating in it.
- Click on the Suffolk Online Student Orientation link in the module that appears on the Suffolk Online and Courses tabs.
- Click on +Enroll
- Click on Submit and the OK to finish the enrollment process
- Begin participating in the course by clicking on the Getting Started link on the left menu
Next topic: Online Success Strategies ->