Reconciling Banner and Blackboard Rosters
Faculty need to reconcile their Banner and Blackboard course rosters at the beginning of each semester to make sure that the students registered for their course in Banner have properly been placed in your Blackboard course.
- Log into your Blackboard course(s) and scroll down to the Course Management area. Click on Users and Groups and click Users.
- Your class roster will be displayed. Please note, you may need to navigate to the second page to view all your students.
- If a student’s email is blank, please inform the student that they will need to set up their SUNY Suffolk email by logging into MySCCC and clicking on the Email tab.
There are two frequent causes for the lists to be out of sync:
- There might be a delay sending student records from Banner to Blackboard. You should wait about a day and check again to see if the problem has been resolved.
- A student who is new to SCCC might not have logged into MySCCC. You need to contact the student to find out if this is the case and let them know they will need to create a MySCCC account. After the student creates their MySCCC account, it will still take time to transfer their newly created account from Banner to Blackboard.
If neither of the above steps resolves the issue, you will need to contact the Office of Instructional Technology at by emailing us at [email protected]
Reconciling Banner and Blackboard Rosters (PDF)