Viewing your Blackboard Roster (Users)
At the beginning of the semester it’s important to check your Blackboard roster (Users) and compare it to your Banner roster for accuracy. To view your Blackboard roster, you will NOT be clicking on Roster in your Course Menu, you will instead use the Users link in the Course Management area. To view your Users, follow the instructions below.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course you wish to view its users.
- Scroll down to the Course Management area of your course menu.
- Click to open Users and Groups and click on Users
- All the Users enrolled in your course, including yourself and any other instructors will be displayed.
Be sure to compare a recent Banner roster with your Blackboard roster. If there are any students missing in your Blackboard list, please see below reasons for discrepancies:
- There might be a delay sending student records from Banner to Blackboard. You should wait about a day and check again. This is true if the student registered for the course within the past 12 hours.
- A student who is new to SCCC might not have set up their MySCCC account yet. Please let them know they need to set up their MySCCC account through the portal and set up their SCCC email. They will need to do this to be able to log into Blackboard and use email. After setting this up, they will need to wait a day for the data to be transferred from Banner to Blackboard.
Lastly, please check to see that the students are using their SCCC email. Their email address will appear next to their name in the Users list. If no email address is displayed by their name please inform them to set up their SCCC email in the MySCCC portal. If a non-SCCC email is displayed, please have them contact the Computer Center at x4505 to change it.