Blackboard Courses – Email
Blackboard uses SCCC student and faculty email addresses (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org ). Emails that are sent from Blackboard are NOT saved in Blackboard, students must check their SCCC Email to read, write and reply to email sent from Blackboard.
- On the Course Menu, click Course Tools and then click Send Email or On the Suffolk Online Tab, click on Email in the top Menu and click on a Course Link
- Select who you want to send the email to.
- All Users – Send email to all of the users in the Course
- All Groups – Send email to all of the Groups in the Course
- All Teaching Assistant Users – Send email to all of the Teaching Assistant users in the Course
- All Student Users – Send email to all of the Student users in the Course
- All Instructor Users – Send email to all of the Instructor users in the Course
- Select Users – Select which users will receive the email
Tip: For Windows, to select multiple users in a list, press and hold the SHIFT key and click the first and last users. To select users out of sequence, press and hold the CTRL key and click each user needed. For Macs, use the COMMAND key instead of the CTRL key. You can also use the Select All function to send an email to all users.
- Select Groups – Select which Groups will receive the email
- Type in a Subject line
- Type in a Message
- Optionally click on the Attach a File link to include a file in the email
- Click on Submit to send the email
Next topic: Blackboard Courses – Course Content ->