Blackboard Courses – Tests
Tests are used to assess you mastery over course content and objectives. Your instructor assigns point values to questions in the test. Your answers are submitted for grading, and the results are recorded in the Grade Center. You can view your grades in My Grades when your instructor makes them available to you.
Watch a video on how to take a test in Blackboard
Tips for Taking a Test
- Start your test as soon as you can. If your instructor schedules three days for your test, plan to take the exam early on the first day. That way, if you have an issue, you will have time to contact technical support and your instructor.
- Be prepared. Have any materials that you need at hand.
- Read all of the instructions. If you have any trouble taking your test or understanding test questions, contact your instructor immediately.
- Check your Internet connection. You need to make sure that you have a strong internet connection. A wired connection is usually more reliable than a wireless connection.
- Do not refresh the page, close the window or click the browser’s back button while taking a test. If you experience problems during a test, contact your instructor immediately.
Taking a Test
- Navigate to the test and click the link associated with it.
- Read the Instructions and click Begin to take the test.
- As you work, answers will be saved automatically, or you can click Save Answer next to each question or Save All Answers at the top or bottom of the page as you work.
- Click Save and Submit when you complete the test.
If your instructor chooses a timed test, the scheduled time is included in the instructions before you begin. You are notified of the instructor’s choice of Timer Setting, which determines whether the test saves and submits automatically when time expires, or if you have the option to continue beyond the time limit.
Feedback and Grades
The majority of questions in tests are auto-graded. Your instructor defines the correct answers and assigns a certain number of points to each question when the test is created. The system validates your answers against the key and assigns the score. You may see your score immediately after completing the test if all questions are auto-graded and your instructor releases this information.
Essay questions, file response, and short answer questions are not auto-graded. Your instructor must grade these questions manually. If a test contains these question types, the grade for the test is released after your instructor finishes grading.
Retaking a Test
If you are allowed to take a test multiple times, it is noted at the top of the test. If the instructor has placed a limit on the number of attempts, it is also noted at the top. A link to take the test again appears when the test is re-opened. Your instructor determines whether one or more of the test attempt scores are recorded in the Grade Center.
Next topic: Blackboard Courses – My Grades ->